Monday, April 5, 2010

Opening Day

Once again, for the second year in a row, I am missing the most important holiday of the year.

No, not Easter. I'm talking about Opening Day.

And what's worse, I can't even get the Cubs opener vs. the Braves on my new TV. Seven channels of cricket, four of soccer, two auto racing and two golf (along with about a dozen of Arabic/Pakistani/Indian/Tajik music videos), but no baseball.

There's definately something wrong with this country.

Incidentally, Cubs take the NL pennant this year. This is our year. You heard it here first.

Update: Well, the Cubs got shelled 16-5 by the Braves, thus continuing a glorious Opening Day tradition of losing in particularly disheartening fashion. Big Z looked like he was pitching underhand, and the bullpen wasn't much better. Still, I stand by the above statement. This is our year.

No comments: